Apolyta, Inc. (“Apolyta,” “we,” “us,” or “our”) provides security software solutions (collectively, including the Site and any related mobile and/or desktop applications, the “Service”).
1. Personal Information Collection
Personal Information We Collect From You:
- Identification Information: We collect your name, email address, phone number, mailing/billing addresses, and government identification documents (i.e., your driver’s license, passport, or state identification card).
- Financial Information: Our payment processor(s) will collect the financial information necessary to process your payments, such as your payment card number and authentication details. Please note, however, that we store only a tokenized version of such information and do not maintain payment card information on our servers.
- Communication Information: We may collect information when you contact us with questions or concerns and when you voluntarily respond to questionnaires, surveys or requests for market research seeking your opinion and feedback.
- Commercial Information: We may retain a history of the products you browse and/or purchase using the Service.
- Demographic Information: We collect your age, gender, and income level.
- Social Media Information: We maintain a social media presence on platforms like Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook, Instagram (“Social Media Pages”). When you interact with us on social media, we may receive personal information that you provide or make available to us based on your settings, such as your contact details. In addition, the companies that host our Social Media Pages may provide us with aggregate information and analytics regarding the use of our Social Media Pages.
Internet Activity Information: When you use the Service, we may automatically log the following information:
- Device Information: The manufacturer and model, operating system, browser type, IP address, and unique identifiers of the device you use to access the Service. The information we collect may vary based on your device type and settings.
- Usage Information: Information about how you use our Service, such as the types of content that you view or engage with, the features you use, the actions you take, and the time, frequency, and duration of your activities. We use Google Analytics, a web analytics service provided by Google LLC (“Google”) to help collect and analyze Usage Information. For more information on how Google uses this information, click here.
- Location Information: We may derive a rough estimate of your location from your IP address when you visit our website.
- Email Open/Click Information: We may collect information about the date and time you open or click links in emails we send.
We may use the following technologies to collect Internet Activity Information:
- Cookies, which are text files stored on your device to uniquely identify your browser or to store information or settings in the browser to help you navigate between pages efficiently, remember your preferences, enable functionality, help us understand user activity and patterns, and facilitate online advertising.
- Local storage technologies, like HTML5, that provide cookie-equivalent functionality but can store larger amounts of data, including on your device outside of your browser in connection with specific applications.
- Web beacons, also known as pixel tags or clear GIFs, which are used to demonstrate that a webpage or email was accessed or opened, or that certain content was viewed or clicked.
Personal Information We Process on Behalf of Our Customers: In order to provide the Service, we process names and contact information relating to employees and customers on behalf of our customers. We process that data, including any personal information contained within it, pursuant to our agreements with our customers. We have no direct relationship with the individuals whose personal information we process in the course of providing our Service to our customers. If you are such an individual and have questions about the processing of your personal information or want to exercise one of your privacy rights, please contact the customer that you interact with directly.
Personal Information We Collect from Third Publicly Available Sources: Names and contact information available on social media and the web.
Derived Information: We may infer your preferences for our products and/or services based on the personal information we collect about you.
2. Personal Information Use
We use your personal information for the following purposes:
Service Delivery, including to:
- Provide, operate, maintain, and secure the Service;
- Create, maintain, and authenticate your account; and
- Process transactions through our third party payment processors.
Communicating with You, including to:
- send you updates about administrative matters such as changes to our terms or policies; and
- provide user support, and respond to your requests, questions and feedback.
Service Improvement, including to:
- improve the Service and create new features;
- personalize your experience; and
- create and derive insights from de-identified and aggregated information.
Marketing and Advertising, including for:
- Direct Marketing: To send you marketing communications, including notifying you of special promotions, offers and events via email and other means; and
Compliance and Protection, including to:
- Comply with applicable laws, lawful requests, and legal process, such as to respond to subpoenas or requests from government authorities;
- Protect our, your or others' rights, privacy, safety or property (including by making and defending legal claims);
- Audit our compliance with legal and contractual requirements and internal policies; and
- Prevent, identify, investigate and deter fraudulent, harmful, unauthorized, unethical or illegal activity, including cyberattacks and identity theft.
3. Personal Information Sharing
Our Sharing: We do not sell, rent, license, or lease your personal information to third parties. However, we may share personal information with:
- Service Providers, including hosting services, email services, advertising and marketing services, payment processors, customer support services, and analytics services. We take commercially reasonable steps to ensure our service providers adhere to the security standards we apply to your personal information.
- Professional Advisors, such as lawyers and accountants, where doing so is necessary to facilitate the services they render to us.
- Business Transaction Recipients, such as counterparties and others assisting with a merger, acquisition, financing, reorganization, bankruptcy, receivership, dissolution, asset sale, or similar transaction, and with successors or affiliates as part of or following that transaction.
- Government Authorities, where required to do so for the Compliance and Protection purposes described above.
Your Sharing: Through the Service, you may be able to make your personal information available to others, including:
- Other users and the public, when you create a public profile, post content, and engage in public transactions through the Service;
- Other businesses, when you participate in offers, promotions and other features available via the Service or marketed to you; and
- Social media platforms, when you choose to share content on social media.
4. Personal Information Retention
5. Notice To California Residents
Where provided for by law and subject to any applicable exceptions, California residents may have the following rights:
- Know. You can request to know the categories of personal information that Apolyta has collected about you, the business purpose for collecting your personal information, the categories of sources from which the personal information was collected, whether Apolyta has disclosed your personal information for business purposes, the categories of personal information so disclosed, and the categories of third parties to whom we have disclosed your personal information (we provide this information in the Personal Information Collection, Use, and Sharing sections above);
- Access. You can request access to the specific pieces of personal information that Apolyta has collected about you;
- Delete. You can request that we delete the personal information we collected from you; and
- Opt out. You can instruct businesses that sell your personal information to stop doing so – Apolyta, however, does not sell personal information.
6. Job Applicants
When you apply for a job with Apolyta, we collect the information that you provide in connection with your job application. This includes name, contact information, professional credentials and skills, educational and work history, and other information that may be included in a resume or provided during interviews (which may be recorded). This may also include demographic or diversity information that you voluntarily provide. We may also conduct background checks and receive related information.
We use applicants' information to facilitate our recruitment activities and process employment applications, including evaluating candidates and monitoring recruitment statistics. We use successful applicants’ information to administer the employment relationship. We may also use and disclose applicants’ information (a) to improve our website, (b) as otherwise necessary to comply with relevant laws, (c) to respond to subpoenas or warrants served on Apolyta, and (d) to protect and defend the rights or property of Apolyta or others.
Our Service is not directed to children who are under the age of 16. Apolyta does not knowingly collect personal information from children under the age of 16. If we learn that we have collected personal information from a child under the age of 16 without the consent of the child’s parent or guardian as required by law, we will delete that information.
8. Links to other websites
We employ a number of technical, organizational and physical safeguards designed to protect the personal information we collect. However, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information and you use the Service at your own risk.
10. Your choices
Update or Correct Personal Information: You can contact us and request any updates or corrections needed to keep your personal information accurate, current, and complete.
Opt Out of Marketing Communications: You may opt out of marketing communications by following the unsubscribe instructions in any marketing email we send you. Please note, however, that you may continue to receive communications as described in the Communicating with You section after opting out of marketing communications.
Limit Online Tracking: Here are some of the ways you can limit online tracking:
- Block Cookies: Most browsers let you remove or reject cookies, including cookies used for interest-based advertising. To do this, follow the instructions in your browser settings. Many browsers accept cookies by default until you change your settings. Use the following links to learn more about how to control cookies and online tracking through your browser: Firefox, Chrome, Microsoft Edge, Safari
- Limit the Use of Advertising ID: You may be able to limit use of your mobile device’s advertising ID for interest-based advertising purposes through your device’s settings.
- Use Privacy Plug-Ins or Browsers: You can block our Services from setting cookies used for interest-based ads by using a browser with privacy features, like Brave, or installing browser plugins like Privacy Badger, DuckDuckGo, Ghostery or uBlock Origin, and configuring them to block third party cookies/trackers. You can also install a browser add-on to opt out of Google Analytics.
- Advertising Industry Opt-Outs: You can also use these opt-out options to limit use of your information for interest-based advertising by participating companies:
- Platform Opt-Outs. The following advertising platforms offer opt-out features that let you opt out of use of your information for interest-based advertising:
Note that the above opt-out mechanisms are specific to the device or browser on which they are exercised. You will need to opt out on every browser and device that you use.
Facebook also allows you to limit how your Internet Activity Information and browsing history can used to serve advertisements. Click here to learn more.
Do Not Track. We honor “Do Not Track” signals and do not track, plant cookies, or use advertising when we receive a request to the online services that you visit.
12. Contact us